- Visit our website or portals (the “website”);
- View and enquire on vehicles on our showground or online;
- Purchase a vehicle, parts, accessories or a warranty plan from us;
- Have your vehicle serviced by us;
- Or otherwise contact us.
Ryedale Caravan & Leisure Ltd, a company incorporated in England & Wales under registered number 3507736 and whose registered office is at Ashby Road, Shepshed, Leics. LE12 9EF. For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, the Company is the data controller.
Ryedale Caravan & Leisure Ltd, LE12 9EF, who can also be contacted by e mailing email@example.com
“Data Protection Legislation”
The General Data Protection Regulations 2016, and any and all other applicable laws and regulations relating to privacy and the processing of personal data.
Any company with which personal data is shared:
- The vehicle manufacturer
- Providers of automotive products and value-added services, namely insurance, finance, warranty products, registration authority.
Third party processors for the purposes of data hosting, analytics, credit searches and fraud prevention.
Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Any website or portal operated by the Company through which personal data is captured
Information We Collect
We collect personal data from you through the use of forms, which may be on paper or on our Website. There are various reasons that we need to collect personal data from you:
- Where it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you, including where we need to take steps to enforce any agreement which may be entered into between us;
- Where we are under a legal duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject;
- To protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our staff and others;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer as part of the sale or purchase process and disclosure is required to allow that transaction to proceed; or
- If some or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data that we hold about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Retention of Data
We regularly review our data retention periods and will only hold your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose it was collected for, or as required by law, or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you. Further information on our data retention periods can be requested in writing from Customer Services.
You can select your marketing preferences by ticking the relevant boxes on any form where we collect personal data from you. We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given us prior consent. If you have opted-in to receive marketing material from us, we will use your chosen contact methods to send this information.
If at any time you no longer wish to receive marketing information, please send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org or on all of our email marketing communication it will give you the option to opt-out of receiving further marketing communications.
Please note that you will still receive e mails directly relating to an enquiry you have made via our online enquiry portal or under any other contract you have with us.
Access to Your Personal Data, and Your Other Rights.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data the Company holds about you, at any time and at no cost to you. Should you wish to access, update or correct the personal data that we hold, please contact us by sending a written request to Customer Services.
If you wish to have your personal data deleted by the Company, please request this in writing to Customer Services. Your personal data will be removed within 30 days as long as it is not required for the completion of a contract with the Company or for any legal reasons.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for any purpose. We will usually inform you (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use it for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and will only process your data in this manner where we have a legitimate interest in doing so. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data (where provided), or by withdrawing your consent at any time if you change your mind. You can also exercise that right and your right to object to any other processing at any time by sending a written request to Customer Services.
Finally, you also have the right to request that we supply your data to a third party as part of your right to data portability.
Security of Data
a/ Orders: so that we can fulfil any order for vehicles, parts, accessories or services that you place with us, we will need to collect your name, contact details (address, email address and telephone numbers) and payment details;
b/ Records: as part of our business, we maintain, guarantee and service records for the vehicles and parts that we sell and/or service, and in keeping these records we will need to identify you as the owner of that vehicle;
c/ Safety Issues: where the vehicle manufacturer notifies us of any safety issues which may affect your vehicle, we will contact you using the details held in our records;
d/ Services: where you have a service plan or have otherwise asked us to do so, or where it is part of our contract with you, we will contact you using the details held in our records with information and/or reminders about servicing for your vehicle;
e/ Enquiries: where you contact us with an enquiry or request a brochure we will respond to you using the correct details that you provide;
f/ Surveys: from time to time, to improve our customer service or for research purposes, we may ask you to complete a survey or similar. Any personal data that you provide when completing a survey will be retained for the purpose of that survey;
g/ Marketing: we may wish to tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you, or to share new and exclusive offers, news and events with you. We will only contact you with such marketing communications if you have provided your consent and given at least one preferred contact method, including direct mail, telephone SMS or email.
We may also use personal data which you provide to us in any of the ways listed above and in the following ways:
- To deal with and/or respond to any enquiry or request made by you prior to entering into any contract or agreement with us or as a result of such contract or agreement;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- To notify you about any changes to our business or the products offered where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and where you have expressed an interest in the same previously or where such notification is required so as to allow us to perform any contractual agreement with you or where you have expressly opted in to receive such communications.
Sharing Your Personal Data
The Information you share with us will only be disclosed to relevant employees to be used for the relevant purpose stated above. We will not otherwise disclose your personal data to any third party unless one of the following applies:
- Your personal data may be shared with other Third Parties for the purposes set out above.
- We, and/or Third Parties may contact you with information about products and services that we, or the Third Parties, think may be of interest to you where you have given your consent to receive marketing communications from us and/or Third Parties.
- In order to deliver our services to you and, as necessary, we may use Third Party processors. Such processing is conducted under contract which contains the same protections for your personal data as are set out in this policy and we ensure that appropriate data protection and information security assurances are provided.
The security of your personal data is of the utmost importance to us. We are commited to providing appropriate security controls to protect your personal information against foreseeable hazards.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers which are located in the UK. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Please be aware that the transmission of data over the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted to us electronically; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to restrict unauthorised access to your personal data.
We may add links to and from our Website to our partner networks, insurance and finance affiliates from time to time. If you follow the link to any of these websites, please note that these websites will contain their own privacy policies. We do not accept ant responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Feedback on this policy.
If you are unhappy with the way in which we have collected or processed your personal data or have any other complaint in relation to our handling of your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. Further information can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.org.uk or via their helpline on 03031231113